I am currently acting for a husband and about to issue an application with the court to enforce the terms of an Order between him and his now former wife.

It was an Order that was not forced upon them but rather one that they agreed and which was then approved by the court to ensure it is legally binding upon them both. However, the wife has failed to comply with the terms of the Order and in particular, pay the agreed lump sum.

We should succeed in obtaining an Order that the wife pays the husband's legal costs in having to make this application but unfortunately, there is no guarantee that a costs order will be made and it will be for the Judge on the day to decide.