Our Freeths Derby and Stoke based Clinical Negligence team are working closely with local charity Umbrella. Umbrella works to improve the quality of life for disabled children and young adults and their families in Derby City and Southern Derbyshire. For more information about the fantastic work that Umbrella does, please see their website: https://umbrella.uk.net/
We are pleased to be presenting two informative FREE workshops with Umbrella, where Freeths will be explaining how you can secure your child's future with the help of our Medical Negligence and Court of Protection teams.
These workshops are open for anyone to attend including parents, grandparents and other family members, carers and guardians.
These will be taking place on:
Monday 18 March, 7 - 8.30pm at Hilton Village Hall, Peacroft Lane, Hilton, DE65 5GH.
Wednesday 3 April 10am - 12pm at Broadway Baptist Church, Broadway, Derby DE22 1BP.
Topics which will be covered include:
- What do we do?
- Acting on behalf of your child
- What we need to prove and how we investigate a claim
- Understanding your needs
- Setting out our case and the Defendant’s response
- Valuing your claim and how compensation can benefit your child
- How we work with the court of protection team and the family.
Court of Protection
- How the court of protection team work with the clinical negligence team
- How they can help you secure your child’s future, even without a claim (for example as a child with Special Educational Needs reaches adulthood).
- How the court of protection team can help you with keeping authority to make decisions on your child’s behalf, help with statutory wills and lasting power of attorney, and single applications to the court.
Members of the Umbrella team will also be present at these events to speak with you about how they may be able to support you and your family.
If you would like to book your FREE place, please contact:
Hannah Horsewell of Umbrella Derby and Derbyshire, on 01332 785658 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We will look forward to seeing you there!